But as I was reflecting on the fact that it was 1) April 1st and 2) the end of Lent, I realized that it had been close to 40 days since I'd written a blog post. Not exactly a great track record for someone whose 2013 resolution was - and I quote - "to be waaay better about blogging in 2013." Whoops.
So, I've decided to challenge myself a little this week. I'm talking multiple blog posts - all in an effort to reflect on 40 things I'd be foolish not to be thankful for. Some are a little silly, some maybe a little sarcastic but I swear some of it is serious. Without further ado, here's my Not-So-Foolish 40:
40. Faith -- We all go through trying times, and I'm sincerely thankful for my relationship with Him. I've been able to trust that He has a plan for me, even if the details get blurry at times.
39. Baseball season! -- It's opening day, my friends. One of my favorite days of the year. As I write this, the Braves just clinched their first win of the season. #undefeated #sofarsogood
|Opening Day 2009. Also known as the day it "tornado-caned" at Turner Field. After almost a three-hour rain/hail/wind/tornado watch delay, The Ted almost ran out of beer.|
37. Spray paint -- I love spray paint. It's a cheap, essential tool for any DIYer. And you know you have an addiction when you have a list of spray paint projects saved on your phone. #dork
|Yep. I'm going to make yet another chalkboard. I have a problem, don't you think?|
35. Coffee -- It wasn't until I was laid off from my first big girl job that I realized that I was an addict. No more free coffee every day?! #@$&%!
34. Hashtags -- #seriously #noseriously #imnotkidding #idtypelikethisalldaylongifitwasprofessionallyacceptable