Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Not-So-Foolish 40 (The Sequel)


#imbackfolks #hopeyouhadagoodday #todaywasgreatbecausewehadoneofmyfavoritedinners #tacotuesday!

#areyouwonderingwhyimtypinglikethis? #thismightexplainit

OK, OK -- enough of that. It’s time for the second installment in my Not-So-Foolish 40. So, like Simon Cowell says -- off you go:

33. Daylight savings -- There’s a huge chance that I suffer from SAD. I feel like a new person now that there’s so much more daylight after work.

32. Easter baskets -- I try not to keep candy around the house, but boy do I love a good reason to stock up. Candy is certainly not the reason for the season, but who doesn’t like a nice treat every now and then? (And for the record, I’m resisting the urge to insert a “Treat Yo Self” joke here. Don’t know what I’m talking 'bout? Now you do.) 
We discovered the bag of red Starburst jelly beans this year. Dangerous!
31. Frozen lunches -- I’m pretty good about taking lunch to work, and being able to quickly grab a frozen lunch from the freezer on the way out the door is such a nice convenience. Not saying they always taste great …

30. My iPhone -- It’s a phone, iPod and mini-computer all in one. I definitely feel nekkid without it. Steve Jobs really knew what he was doing.

29. Hairdryers -- Is it weird to be thankful for a hairdryer? In any case, I am. Sometimes it’s the little things, I guess.

28. Nutella -- Oh man do I have an obsession with this stuff. And I don’t think I’d ever really had it until a little over a year ago. Now this has become a staple on our Costco shopping list.

27. Newfangled car door remotes -- Have you seen those new car door remotes/keys that can just stay in your pocket and you just have to touch the handle to open the door? Makes grocery shopping almost enjoyable.

26. Pretty flowers -- They just make me happy. That is all.

WARNING. I recognize that the following item is a little TMI, especially for those who aren’t interested in hearing about my child’s runny nose.

25. Battery-operated snot sucker-outer -- This.thing.rocks. It plays music to distract her. It quickly gets all the boogies so she can breathe and sleep (and so we can sleep). It’s #awesome.

Now back to your regularly scheduled blog post.

24. Food Network -- Like I mentioned yesterday, I don’t watch a lot of TV. When I do have an opportunity to veg out for a little bit (and get command of the remote), I catch up with all my favorite chefs.

23. New running shoes -- I don’t like to run. Do not. Ugh. And as much as I don’t like to run I really don’t like shin splints. But I’ve signed up for a 5K and after three years of using the same shoes for working out I decided it was time for some new kicks. (For all my runner/marathon/ironman friends out there, I salute you. You are amazing.) 
If the clothes make the man, do the shoes make the runner? We'll see, I guess. 
22. Three Amigos -- Not as in the movie, but as in the cheese dip, salsa and guac trio at one of my favorite restaurants, Tin Lizzies. And I don’t know what they sprinkle on their chips, but it has got to be a legalized form of crack. So addictive.

21. My husband -- I could obviously go on and on here, so I’ll try to be succinct. As busy as this guy is with work and grad school (and the never ending list of projects he’s helping me out with around the house/yard), he makes time for his girls and always greets me with a smile on his face. Something else I really love about him? He is ridiculously nice to strangers – opening doors, saying hello to people when we’re out on walks, and he is uber nice to servers at restaurants. He makes me want to be a nicer person.

20. Boxed wine -- There, I said it.
It's good to know that this wine will stay fresh for more than month after it's opened, but I highly doubt we're going to need to worry about that. 

1 comment: