Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Not-So-Foolish 40 (Third Time's a Charm?)


I’m back! Did you miss me? I’m sure all 6 of you who read this totally did. (And by the way, thanks to those of you who are interested enough to keep coming back for more. Appreciate you!)

So, it’s Wednesday. The week is halfway over, and for me this has been a big week both professionally and personally. Don’t worry -- I’ll absolutely fill you in. (Is the anticipation killing you? Not yet? How about now?) But first … here’s the 8 latest and greatest in my Not-So-Foolish 40:

(By the way -- if you’re just tuning in, you may want read this and that first.)

20. Mood Swings -- No, not the PMS-related ones. That’s the name of my tennis team. Unfortunately our practice tonight was rained out, and I am totally bummed out because I love my team, our coaches and being able to work off some mid-week aggression on the courts. (And last week during a match I hit my first ace. Possibly my first and last, so I wanted to be sure I documented it!)
End-of-season team dinner. Pretty much an excuse to get everyone together for margaritas. 
19. Breath mints -- See No. 35. My coworkers are probably the most thankful that I value these.

18. Yeah! Burger -- I love burgers; they are quite possibly my favorite food. For my money, this is the best burger joint in town. And I had dinner there tonight. It was delicious.
So much for my diet. 
17. Big Brother -- Well, I actually have a little brother. Actually, he isn’t so little. Wait, that sounds bad. What I’m trying to say is that he’s all growed up. And I’m proud of him. Love you, bro.

16. Melatonin -- I’m a pretty light sleeper, and I also have a hard time turning my brain off at night. When I need to get a solid night’s sleep, I pop one of these, hand Matt the baby monitor and zzzzzzzzzz …

15. Music -- I honestly cannot think of a day in recent memory when I haven’t spent a significant amount of time listening to music. I pop in some earbuds and listen at work. When I get home, I’d much rather listen to music than put on the news. And if you have any new toons that you think I should check out, puh-lease let me know! (I’m listening to the new JT as I type this.)
I got this for Christmas a few years ago. Not only does it play records, but it has a radio, CD player , jack for your iPod and .. wait for it ... A CASSETTE PLAYER! Time to bust out all your old mixed tapes, kids. 
14. Microwaves -- Seriously, one of the best modern inventions in my book. Except I will not microwave leftover pizza. Must be reheated in the oven.

13. My bonus fam -- That’s what I call my in-laws. And.they.rock. I’m putting my bonus mom, dad and sister at number 13 because I recognize just how lucky I am -- because we’ve all heard the stories about those who are unlucky in this department. For those of you who have met them, you know just how outgoing, kind-hearted and generous they are. Pretty much exactly how I want my children to be. I have definitely hit the in-law lottery, folks. #nowhammieshere

No comments:

Post a Comment